What's new in Music Collaboration

There has never been a time when music collaboration has been so easy. In the privacy of your own home. You don't have to lug your gear anywhere. I wish we always had this.

Monday, April 08, 2013

Keep music live

Hi Everyone,

Music collaboration seems to be well under way. I have been looking for a niche for us and I think I have found. Live music collaboration. It was my original reason for the site. My desire to play in a Jam style online. To emmerse myself in playing for 5-6 hours without noticing the passage of time is some of the best times I ever had. It's a bit of trouble. You have to co-ordinate with a few people. Easier said than done these days. Get your equipment there in working order. Have a place were you can turn it up without too much complaint. Once every five or ten years isn't enough. It has to be regularly. Now we have online music collaboration. So technically we can play whenever we want. However, the reality is we end up doing almost nothing but engineering. Not that I have anything against it of course but we end up losing that spontanaity that you get from playing with other people. A music store I used to frequent had a slogan "Keep music live". I don't know how they thought of it so long before computers but it turned out to be quite insightful. We are not stuck in the past and no moss grows on our rock but let's try to actually play once in a while. :)

No comments: