What's new in Music Collaboration

There has never been a time when music collaboration has been so easy. In the privacy of your own home. You don't have to lug your gear anywhere. I wish we always had this.

Monday, October 22, 2012

The World of Rock

You all know I'm a rocker. I don't pretend to be anything else. However, I appreciate most types of music and I believe I try to encourage everyone in their musical pursuits. I have just spent an evening touring the world in Music Festivals. I have, for many years, believed rock to be the ultimate form and this years world wide music scene has not proved me wrong.

I have watched several music videos from the Ukraine. You take a thick traditional Ukrainian folk song. Add Reverb, Bass, some decent drums. pick up the tempo a little and you have something well worth listening too.

Or try this: Take your traditional grotto folk band. Add Reverb, Bass, some decent drums and give them a hot rock song. It might push or pull them out of their comfort zone a little but WOW!

All the news blogs I have looked at in the last two years haven't told me as much about the world as a few hours of international music festivals. Let your fingers do the walking and see the world through music.

No comments: